1. Who can apply for scholarships?
Raise the Bar scholarships are intended for chefs, pastry chefs and waiting staff in restaurants who are of age and have at least one year of work experience in the hospitality industry.
2. What are the formal application criteria?
The program is intended for persons who
– are at least 18 years old,
– have at least one year of work experience in the hospitality industry,
– have an affinity for cooking, confectionery or restaurant management,
– are highly motivated,
– are willing and able to relocate for the training duration and who
– are eligible for work in Croatia and plan to apply the acquired knowledge in Croatia.
3. Where can candidates apply?
To participate in the selection process, candidates must complete the application form
4. What is the selection process like?
Once the application period for Raise the Bar scholarships is over, the selection process begins as the application forms, letters of motivation and recommendations of candidates are reviewed. An expert jury consisting of renowned Croatian chefs, representatives of Coca-Cola HBC Croatia’s Human Resources Department and members of the Raise the Bar project team will participate in the selection of scholarship holders. The winners of scholarships for the world’s most prestigious schools are selected based on assessments and whether candidates meet the criteria set for technical knowledge testing, psychological testing and interviews.
5. Who are the members of the expert jury participating in the selection?
The members of the expert jury are renowned Croatian chefs with many years of relevant experience such as Hrvoje Zirojević from the restaurant Laganini, Marko Gajski from the restaurant Lešić Dimitri and Igor Gudac, the official chef of the Swedish embassy in Croatia.
6. Which schools can scholarship holders attend, how are schools selected?
The schools to which we send scholarship holders are among the most relevant and most prestigious in their field. While choosing schools we are guided, among other things, by the personal preferences of scholarship holders and the curricula of these schools. Through such a personal approach candidates can be awarded scholarships that best suit the candidates’ profiles and needs.
7. Which costs are covered by Raise the Bar scholarships?
Raise the Bar scholarships cover training at one of the world’s prestigious schools for culinary arts, confectionery or restaurant management. Depending on the school fees, the travel and accommodation expenses of scholarship holders will be covered partially or in full. Our aim is to facilitate the training of top candidates through this project and we strive to cover all costs on the way toward that goal so that our scholarship holders have an equal opportunity.
8. What is the Raise the Bar Foundation?
The Raise the Bar Foundation is the foundation of Coca-Cola HBC Croatia’s Raise the Bar project, which provides scholarships for the training of gastronomy talents at the world’s most prestigious schools.
9. Can I apply again even though I did not receive a scholarship when I previously applied?
All interested candidates who meet application requirements can apply for a scholarship, regardless of how many times they have applied before. Only candidates who have not already received a Raise the Bar scholarship can apply.